Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Suprise

Since yesterday was a big change (or transfer) day, we got another day to “prep”.
But, Honduras decided to flood again, so we were stuck inside all day again, with no power. However, the water was on this time, which was nice.  
Anyway, due to the rain, we didn't do much but play Uno, and eat baleadas all pday
Today however, we were at a catratchos house, and he keeps live turtles in the cement tub behind his house, and he decided to prepare one (comida). This included him skinning the turtle out of his shell. I don’t really mind these sights, but this time was different.  At first, I couldn't figure it out, but, then I realized he hadn't killed the turtle first.  He just hacked at it until he ripped it out of its shell. This troubled me.  Meanwhile, he pulled the still-beating heart out of the wriggling mass of intestines and let it pump in his hand until it stopped...
Happy Halloween!

Oh, Elder J, and Elder R were changed, I was quite sad, but I think I’ll learn faster now I’m not speaking ANY English.
Elder J and Elder R are next to our hermana who feeds us lunch

Hope you are all eating a ton of candy, for Andy, right now
Con Amor
Elder Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment