Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

La Masica


Hola loved ones!
I am now living in a jungle... (La Masica). 
The past few days have been really loco.   Life that's been subway sandwiches in San Salvador, humidity, Spanish and companions that don't speak English has been a real trip. (Andy had a layover in San Salvador
However, La Masica is so beautiful.  I am so excited to serve here with the elders, though I miss Elder Larsen a ton!
My new Comp is Elder V*, he is from Ecuador and doesn't speak any English. Everyone else got paired up with an English speaking elder but me.  I guess that's Gods way of saying I need to work on my Spanish more than anyone else from the CCM. 
Anyway, I am still really nervous about the language, but I know it will come. Everyone keeps telling me not to stress out about it, but I cant help worrying whenever someone comes up to me and asks me something in Spanish.   I need to pray.  I know that I need to be here and I'm in the right place.  So there's that.  Also my companion doesn't speak English, but I think he's pretty cool.  Other than that, nada. 
I  miss my family and my friends.  I think this is the Lord's influence in my life.
I know that this gospel is true, and I'm excited to forget myself and serve.
No mucho tiempo, catch you all on P-day
Siempre Con Amor
-Elder Smart
*Note: We have been asked not to publish names without permission, especially people who are from Central America... hence Elder "V"

No comments:

Post a Comment