(Sent August 24, 2015)
I’ve been here in Berlin for 6 months, so I'm almost positive I will have changes this next week. Where? Who knows. But there are a ton of closed areas in the mission right now, because of all the missionaries that have gone home, but in the next 2 changes there will be around 60 new ones coming in, so we’ll see where that all takes me.
We had workshops, games and dinner as a church activity this Friday to help activate less active members and get them more comfortable and return to the light. It turned out really well. There was a recent convert in our area that fell off a motorcycle and got pretty busted up, so we went over and gave her a blessing. We’ll see how that turns out.
Highlight of the week...Presidente Russell M. Nelson came to Tegucigalpa and gave us all a good chat! (We watched the broadcast). He is awesome and now that he is the Presidente of the 12, he's got a lot more on his plate. One thing that I really liked is something he said.
¨You missionaries are full of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s in your bone marrow. And that’s really good, because if you need to donate for a bone marrow transplant, it will transplant the gospel also.¨ Love It. Love it.
This Sunday, after months of work and prayers, we finally got like 3 inactive members to come. Some of them got laid off (they were working Sundays) so they were able to come. I’m not sure if that’s a blessing from our prayers or not, but they came and renewed their baptismal covenants for the first time in like 2 years.
Then we just helped a family move a pila. If you don't know what that is, look it up. It’s like a huge, pure cement bathtub/washbasin that everyone has behind their house or hut to clean dishes, clothes and body. We have one too, and its a little miracle we could say. I don't know where I would be today without my pila. Oh ya, but bottom line is was extremely heavy... That was quite a chore.
Dang I wish I was as buff as Nephi. I can still pray, cant I?
2 Nephi 9:7
7 Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.
Con Amor+
Elder Smart
No comments:
Post a Comment