(sent July 27, 2015)
Well first of all, Changes. I’m still the Distric Leader here in Berlin, gut they closed the area next to mine, so my area is double everything. Elder Martinez left in peace, and my new comp is Elder Montes from Cali\Peru.
We almost got robbed again. Marijuana man wanted our cellphone. We just walked away. Im getting tired of that kind of stuff. Its quite boring.
Presidente Klein called me for my birthday, he’s the man. Dang... No fireworks this year. Just Narcos and guns.
But it was kind of cool. The 24th (my birthday) everyone celebrated the day of the Indian Lempira (Lenca warrior who resisted Spanish attempts to conquer), and everyone dressed up like natives and went wild in the street. That was cool.
I stepped in an ant mound today. Dropped the shorts real fast.
We are teaching so many people right now. I seriously have like 5 days in advance full of planned citas (appointments) this week. There is so much work to do here now we have double everything. My pops hit the B-day also this week. I seriously sometimes look in the mirror and see him for a second. I still cant believe I'm a missionary. I still feel like I'm 16. I hope Hondy makes a man out of me.
Answers to questions:
“Why are you burning stuff in your backyard?!” You have to do that here. And in honor of pops b-day. Can’t light a candle on a cake, so ya gotta burn some trash!
Did you do anything special for your birthday? "I did't tell anyone is was my birthday... they dump flour all over you and then throw eggs at you(?). But I did get some awesome pollo y tajadas from a member."
Coolest birthday video ever mom thanks. Are those dads spectacles? What up with that awesome stuff.
Haven’t gotten my package. Mail only comes on Tuesdays, sometimes.
Love you mommy, give dad a kiss for me.
Te amo
Alma 31:5
5 And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.
Luke 9:62
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
1 Nephi 14:14
14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.
1 Nephi 15:8-11
8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?
9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.
10 Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts?
11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
Use the WORD instead of the SWORD
Con amor,
Elder Smart
No comments:
Post a Comment