So first of all, this man with Elder V is blind and deaf. Second of all he lives in Confité...
So we were in Confité for New Years Eve, and then realized that there were no busses on New Years day, so we weren’t able to leave. We stayed an extra day and played soccer and messed around. It was a great time. New Years was just as loco as Christmas, except for more explosions, more crazy and more Catracho.
The next day we had divisions with the ZLs. Elder Larson and Elder Monterosa. Both studs. Elder L is leaving to Hogar on Thursday, and I’m really sad. I really got to know Elder Larson and he’s been a real role model for me. And plus his Spanish is incredible. Anyway that day, we had a mountain of lessons, like more than I’ve ever had in one day. It was so cool. Elder L had so many positive things to say. What a stud. Anyway, he’s the one in my pics covered in flour and soda.
Zone P day was today, and we went to Tela. Beautiful. Qué Hermosa. The beach was beautiful, and we just hung out, played volleyball and some soccer, and then ate at a member’s house.
I don’t really have a scripture that I found and that really stood out this week, so I’ll just tell you Alma 32 is all about faith.
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words. 28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
This is usually the scripture I use for our investigators. Necesitamos crecer en nuestra fe, Siempre (we need to grow in our faith, always).
Man I love being a missionary in Honduras!
Sorry my email is so short this week. It went by really fast.
Con Amor+
Elder Smarty
No comments:
Post a Comment