First off it was multi- zone conference on the 23rd, which was a blast. I saw some of the old Hondo group, like E. Tobes and Dakota C’s cousin gave me an influenza shot. Jeje. We had really good food, and some good lessons. We also watched the San Pedro Sula Este movie on service that our mission made, it’s really awesome. (This is the link to the video. Andy is in Zona Miramar at about 9:35 minutes into the video. You can see him a couple of times if you watch for his blonde hair and his tall companion wearing a Santa hat.)
Now, Christmas... What a fiesta…so people here celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve more than on the actual day. However, we made Chicken, rice, french fries, and bought some soda from La Ceiba, so we actually had a great feast.
Then, when the clock struck 12 midnight, chaos blew up in the streets of Hondo. We’re talking kids throwing fireworks at everything that moves, everybody yelling, and cheering, and everyone unloading lead into the air like there’s no tomorrow. Our neighbor, as kind as he is, pulled out his AK and was just unloading clips into the air. Tatatatatatatat. That was wild.
But then, it was Christmas day!!! Which means I got to talk to my family and my best friends and oh what a surprise! More than the AK for sure. Everyone is so good and awesome. I just love everyone. There is no more to say.
THE 28TH!!! ANNA’s b-day. Man, 15 is way too old, but relax, you’re not 16 yet! Played soccer in the canchita (soccer arena) for mutual, and the whole time I was thinking about my sis. Anna, why couldn’t you like Harry Potter and JRR Tolkien I dunno, say about 4 months ago or something? Amazing right? Stay gold.
Anyway, Christmas in Honduras was just as wild as I expected, but it was also my favorite so far. It was so cool wearing the name Jesus Christ over my heart, on Christ’s day. It really helped me focus on what really happened. Not the parties, food, and festivities, but what our gospel testifies of. Representing Jesus is what I do and what I love.
Even though it rained all day on Christmas, and it wasn’t exactly a ¨White Christmas¨, there was still the white of missionary shirts and ties going about making Christmas more white with the word of God.
That’s all, thanks for all the support, all of you with emails, and letters, I don’t have enough time to explain or thank enough.
Feliz Navidad, and a Happy new year
Con amor+
Elder Smart


No comments:
Post a Comment