Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cada pulgada (Every Inch, as in “Fight for Every Inch”)

Hello all. 
Another week here in the land of the dead.  So this week has been really slow.  The food finally caught up with me, so I was sick for the first time.  All I will say is...diarrhea fuego.  But I’m over that now, and back on track.


It still rains buckets every day, and busses fill up with water, so they get slow. This means that the trip to Confité, to drop off carpetas de miembros (member files) took like 3 hours instead of 30 mins.

After this is when I was feeling super sick.  Double headed dragon.  I told Hmna. Martha this, and she said she would make me something really good for my stomach the next day.  Well, the next day rolled in, and what did she drop on my plate?  A fish head.   She thought that was real funny. Haha no.   All I could do was look into the gooey eyes and turn green.  I’m happy to say I did eat it, but it took a while.

We also got to play soccer for mutual in the little soccer arena. That was way cool. Scored 2x on Elder V, which is a real feat, because he is a giant.

Oh ya, scary story of the week- The Elders in Confité got robbed this week in the middle of the night, while they were sleeping in the members house where they live.  They woke up to gunshots.  (The banditos shot and killed the guard dogs before entering).  Then the door broke down, and they were face to face with the masked faced men who then robbed them of all they had, microhonda, ropa, dinero, todo (microwave, clothes, money, all).  One of the Elders then recognized one of the masked men, and said, I know you, why are you doing this? He then was beat up.  Please pray for these valiant young men.

Oh ya, we ate iguana this week as well.  That was a trip. But then after was Hermanamiento, where I gave the lesson on oración (prayer).  I think it went well. The people seemed to think so to. I was definitely feeling the spirit that day, I could just... feel it. I don’t know how to describe it...and it definitely wasn’t Hmna Martha’s fish head.

Oh ya, today is Elder M’s birthday today.  He’s a stud and a half.  Sorry my email is all over the place this week.  I live in Hondo, so I think that’s a pretty good excuse.
Anyway, the scripture of the week and one I really need to capitalize on lately is Mosiah 23:21.  It talks about how God tries our patience and faith.  This is one of the most real verses, and it applies to everyone, especially me.
21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.



Here is a picture of Hmna.  Martha and her swag. Gafas de sol (sunglasses) credit- Elder Runyan.
Thanks bud, I miss the Goonies back in the states, along with 8-ball and scoot 801.  There’s my shout out for this week.

I know you all are real busy, but I would appreciate it if you all took the time this week to kneel down and thank God for what he has provided for you. Everything comes from him, most importantly the greatest gift of all, the plan of salvation.

Oh I’m sorry one other thing, our next baptism is for the 6th of December- Hermana Reyna. That should be a blast 100.



Thanks for todo (all)
Con Amor+
Elder Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment