| And it's not even the rainy season yet... |
I now have to teach my Comp English by December, direct orders from Presidente Klein, because of some bumps in the road from his previous area. I am not going to elaborate.
| Elder V |
This week, I was able to calm down quite a bit. I wasn’t worried about Spanish at all. Even through the lesson with two Geipers, I was able to pay attention with ease.
We ate armadillo at a less active member’s house. He caught it in the mountains while he was looking for firewood. Que raro (odd). They say it’s really rico (delicious) here, but I thought it was a little gamey.
On the 7th, we went to Ceiba for reunion de districto, and I found out that Hermana Bennett is Dakota Cobbler’s cousin! That is so cool, I remember him telling me about her, but it just didn’t click until she asked me. Wow. What a small world. The connections are ridiculous. P.S. Bill is still crazy! (Dakota’s dad and Andy’s Cross Country coach).
I taught a lesson in English! It was to Gringo Dan who lives here; pero (but) he is atheist, so that was a trip. Elder M and I went on splits and contacted 8 people in like 2 hours, which it pretty impressive for La Masica.
Madgiel was his name. In the river again, of course... After that we had pelicula noche (movie night) and watched Rey Leon (Lion King) and that was super cool because we tied it into a devotional about families being together forever and the levels of glory. Then, the lady whose house is attached to the awning we use for church asked me to give her a blessing because she was feeling really bad physically. I gave it in English, unfortunately, but the spirit was definitely there.
My Comp has had a trip of a week also. This includes a face full of thorns from a hide-and-go-seek youth activity, kissing a pig and licking a turtle. Yes this is the truth. We had a bet that he couldn't teach the entirety of the first three lessons in less than 10 minutes. The consequence was kissing the pig. He failed, and has a chancho novia (pig girlfriend) now. He then insisted to try again, and failed tambien. Thus the turtle novia... He’s a goober and a half. He then had to dump a 10 liter drum of ice water on Hermana Rubi’s hijo (son) because she failed the challenge too. We probably should stop this stuff, but it was real funny. Reir (laugh).
We get to go to Trujillo for our next zone p-day. It’s going to be a blast and a half.
Also, I would encourage you all to watch the temple dedication ceremonies for the Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple, by any means you can. It’s incredible.
Tegucigalpa Temple article: https://www.lds.org/church/news/president-uchtdorf-dedicates-tegucigalpa-honduras-temple?lang=eng
Dedicatory prayer: https://www.lds.org/church/news/dedicatory-prayer-expresses-gratitude-for-christ-gospel?lang=eng
The scripture for the week is 2nd Nephi 31:20-21. For me this helps me know that i need hope and love of god in my life, so press forward and endure to the end.
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.Jesucristo es vida (Jesus Christ is life)
Elder
Smart
Con Amore
No comments:
Post a Comment