Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

You never learn by doing everything right‏

Sent 4/4/16

So this week we had cambios. I will be staying another change in Las Colinas with Elder Monroy. Then I only have 2 changes left... ya.

Cool story of the week, so we got our zone on all the busses and everything and sent them off, but then the next day, I get a call from Presidente Klein, and he's like ¨I'm in La Ceiba¨ (which is super far away from where he lives) He was with Hermana Bennet and Hermana Sherman (now their not Hermanas, but I don't know their first names). They had finished their mission like 18 months ago, but were back visiting their converts.  Back in the day, my area was the sister's area, so there's that.  Anyway, we met up to say hi and stuff, but it was kinda funny, because they remembered me, but from way back then, when I was in La Masica, and they were like "Elder Smart... Are you still in this zone??" and I was like "ya, I am". And they were like "wow… thats a long time... " It was really funny.   No, but they are super cool sisters.

Also I've been on divisiones for like 4 days straight with the changes, regular divisiones, and conference... I’m exhausted. Since our house is the central point in our zone, everyone comes over if there is going to be a meeting early in the morning, so I've just been hosting that for about a week.  No its all good though.
Conference was so dope. I love conference so much!! I really can’t explain how much I love it. And all my questions were answered just in the priesthood session. I loved Elder Nelsons talk on the priesthood and being worthy to use God’s power. Also I loved Uchtdorfs talk on marriage! Awesome.

Today we played Beachside volleyball as a zone and with some others from the other zone. it was super cool even thought we weren't able to play for that long.


So what happened today was amazing and an answer to our prayers. We were about to play volleyball, when the lawyer that we were working with to get one of our investigators divorced, re-married, then baptized, finally called us today!!! We have been waiting for like 4 months!!! So long ughhh, but he finally got all the divorcement papers signed, and printed out. so we just stood up our zone on the volleyball and ditched them.  We went straight there to get the papers and finally we can get this sister baptized. She has been waiting in total, about one year to get all this done!!! So amazing. I really saw the Lord's hand in that today.

Alma 26:27
  27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to aturn back, behold, the Lord bcomforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with cpatience thine dafflictions, and I will give unto you success.

MACIZO

Elder Smart



No comments:

Post a Comment