Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spiders and Christmas

So this week has been slick, real slick


Full of spiders and the spirit.  But I'm serious we've had about 5 spiders in our house bigger than my hand. It's kind of like, wake up, go to the bathroom, look for the next spider. Seriously like every day. Its getting annoying.


Like I said, not much happened this week except a ton of lessons. I probably will get changed out of La Masica this next change, and I'm sad to leave now, because we have a number of investigators with a baptismal date, and I wont see them get baptized if I leave. Its like waiting in line for a movie you've wanted to see for months, and then you get to the ticket booth, and they tell you, oh ya, we just sold the last ticket. Sorry man. It is the worst.
Hey but who knows, I might stay.

We went to La Ceiba to hear Presidente Duncan (one of the 70 who is the President for all the central america missions). This guy is made of rocks. He macheted us super hard on what we need to change, and how we can have more success. Its the little things that make up the big things, so do it all to your full potential. The lord only asks you to give all you have. That's not too much to give. We have exactly that capacity. There I saw some of the boys from The CCM Mexico. Tobs, Lars, Pats, etc... that was super duper.

Also I got a ton of Christmas cards!!! whooooooooooo. Feliz Navidad Everyone!!!!


The next day we had divisions. I went with Elder Guadamuz. He's only got like a week left in his mission and is super baggy. But he still likes teaching, so thats a score.
Then we baptized Isaac in the Rio La Masica. It is kinda hard, because he used to be my investigator, but then our areas changed a little, so he is now the investigator of La Masica 1, instead of 2, so I didn't get to baptize him. But it was really spiritual anyway.

One thing that I read this week that really applies to me, especially right now is  Mateo 5:44  
Please read it, and change.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

La vida está llena de dificultades, algunas más penosas que otras. Parecería que hay una infinidad de pruebas para todo. El problema es que muchas veces esperamos soluciones instantáneas para las dificultades, olividando que frecuentemente es necesario que pongamos en práctica la virtud celestial de la paciencia.

(Translation: Life is full of difficulties, some more painful than others. It would seem that there are countless tests for everything. The problem is that we often expect instant solutions to the difficulties, forgetting it is often necessary to put into practice the heavenly virtue of patience.)

Con Amor+
Elder Smart

Questions:
The pig's name is Kevin Bacon, and yes he lives in our yard. Our dueña (landlady) put him there.  He keeps me up at night. He has this gross nose ring (you hook a chain to it, so you can lead him around), and it makes him snore.

No I don't have my package yet, but we are going to San Pedro Sula this week to hear an apostle speak. Its a multi-mission. There I'm pretty sure I will get it, and my new mission credit card.

(Angela told him to polish his shoes because they look pretty worn in the pictures.) Ya no tengo tiempo para brillar mis zapatos. Siempre estamos trabajando. Pero tal vez trataré. Tal vez. (Translation: I no longer have time to shine my shoes. We are always working. But maybe I will try. Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment