Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I’m going to have a “Summer in Berlin”…

So this week has been sweet. I got transferred out of Zona MiraMar and into 
La Zona Progreso Norte, El Districto Berlin 2.
No more La Masica... I've spent 6 months+ change there. I was born in MiraMar and it will always be close to my heart. 



But my new area is super cool. For one, I finally have a church building in my area.  Super nice and the members are sooooo cool... We have been eating like 2 or 3 dinners every night!!! (I think Elder Smart means “week”?)

And my new comp Elder Vasques (DL) from Guatemala is super cool too. We are going to kill it. I finally got my mission card so I am good there too.

And I finished reading Our Heritage: A History of the Church. It was super cool and you should all read it. I really enjoyed it, because it gave me new insight in what the first members of the church were feeling and when they were going through hard times they could always rely on the Savior.

And Sam Hallman is going to be my neighbor in El Salvador so thats super cool (Sam is Andy’s cross country buddy and just got his mission call).

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to say this week. Not much happened except lessons. All day, every day. And that’s what is good in my life.

Here are a few scriptures for the week: 
Alma 17:8-9  and Alma 26 are about la obra missional (missionary work).
And thus they departed into the wilderness with their numbers which they had selected, to go up to the land of Nephi, to preach the word of God unto the Lamanites.
And it came to pass that they journeyed many days in the wilderness, and they fasted much and prayed much that the Lord would grant unto them a portion of his Spirit to go with them, and abide with them, that they might be an instrument in the hands of God to bring, if it were possible, their brethren, the Lamanites, to the knowledge of the truth, to the knowledge of the baseness of the traditions of their fathers, which were not correct.
Alma 26:12
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
And 1 Nephi 19:23.
 23 And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.

To mi familia,
I just want to say that I was thinking the other day and I thought to myself that I don't appreciate you guys enough. I feel I don't do my part in telling you that I love you and miss you guys every second of every day.

When I left, I was thinking to myself… Peace out SLC.. Later! I'm going on an adventure, but after being here preaching the gospel to the humblest people on the face of the earth, I found that they were happier than I was. It confused me for a great deal of time.

You don't have running water in your house. You are constantly harassed by Drug lords and ladrones (theives). You don't even have teeth, yet your smile shines brighter than mine. ¿Qué Pasa? What the heck…

Then it hit me. Families. They have everything that they could ever want. They get to hang out with their families every day. I teach them that they can be with them every day for the rest of eternity, and they shine even brighter.

I swear to you guys I'm not baggy. O sea (in other words) I'm not feeling home sick... because I am at home right now. With the Hondurans. But I cant wait for the day I can reach out and physically hug you once again.

Your letters are everything to me, even though I don't respond to every one. They are what keep me going after a week of ¨fasting¨ from my family.
I love you guys more than anything.
Les Amo Familia (I love you, family)
Elder Smart

The pictures are the last pic of the La Masica Entrance sign.

And then I cut the mane off…

Tribute to the Brazilian, Elder Oliveira.



And the Crocs I found in my new house, featuring the hammock...

(Post title is referencing a song by Alphaville called Summer in Berlin) 


No comments:

Post a Comment