Bueno, it has been super hot this week. Super hot. I can’t even express.
Other than that, this week has been another loco one.
First of all, I saw a pig kill a chicken and then eat it, in the street.
So there's that. It was pretty sweet week I guess.
We were contacting this week, and were talking in the street with a contact, when a parrot lands on my companions shoulder. He looked at it, then just kept teaching. It wasn't exactly a dove, but it was super cool.
Later that night, we were teaching an investigator. She then proceeded to tell us that her pastor said we are devil worshipers. She then asked us if that was true.... We then showed her our tags that say JESUS CHRIST in bold text... she laughed then got real embarrassed, because we have taught her like 3 times, and she doesn't remember what church we represent.
We had to go to La Ceiba like 3 times this week... That wasn't too fun wasting a ton of time on the bus, and we did see a huge tanker truck that fell into one of the rivers we pass over. They eventually took the compartment portion off, to get the food and stuff from inside, but they just left the cab part. Its still there, in the river...
One cool thing though that happened is that we were walking to an appointment, and there was a guy on a bike that passed us. We said hi, but then he responded by saying “Hey fellas, how ya doing, can I have one of your books?” In really good English. This really took me back, because I haven't heard spoken English in like a zillion years, and the fact that he asked for a Book of Mormon. Turns out the guy's name is Idzidro, and he does in fact speak English, which is super weird. He then straight up asked us for a Book of Mormon, and we were like, uhhhh ya, umm, wait, did you just speak in English? My comp stood there like a log (he speaks Portuguese and Spanish, not english). So we gave him a book, and are going to his house this week!
Heres the thing that just really made me more mad than I have ever been in my mission.
We were contacting, and my comp felt like this particular house was a good one to contact. It turns out that a blind guy lives there, and he came out, listened to about 3 sentences of what we had to say, and then screamed at us that we were “devils” and “thieves of justice”. That our message is garbage, and he hates us. He then told us that our mothers are prostitutes, and that we are the scum of the earth. Get your gringo garbage out of here and never come back! I was soooooo mad. First of all, this man can't even see us let alone judge us that fast. I was so ticked, I then told him that we wanted to share a message with him about Jesus Christ, which he denied. I then asked him if he wanted Christ in his life, which he responded to with ´´I don't care about Christ, God loves me´´. He then said a bunch of bad words.
I was so mad, I literally didn't know what to do. My comp saw that I was peeved, and then told me this:
Compa, tranquillo. Relájese (relax), Don’t you know that he literally will see the truth one day?
That really calmed me down. I do know that he will see one day, his eyes will be healed by the savior himself, and when he opens his brand new, perfect eyes, his heart will be softened.
I really liked D&C 30:11 this week:
11 And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you. Amen.
No te rindas, nunca (don’t ever give up)
Con Amor+
Elder Smart

No comments:
Post a Comment