My
district and I went to the Mexico City Temple today! Bought a escritura case
and knit backpack. Super swerve. Although the temple was closed, we still got pics and toured the visitor’s
center. Such a cool temple.
But anyway, my
comp and I have been teaching P.I. every day for 2 weeks. (they are just
actors, but they don't cut you any slack). We finally got Giovanny to commit to
baptism, and we moved on to Karen y Edgar. Espanol es very hard. I am beginning to understand what people are
saying to me, but I have to put it all together in my head for a second, and
then I think of an answer, but it’s in English, then I have to translate it in
my head, then try to say it out loud. This whole process takes a long time. I just can’t wait to be able to think in
Spanish so I can talk to all the amazing people I meet every day!
Anyway, the food still sucks, but
I never thought I would be this excited every day to see beans, rice, and
tortillas. On the bright side: the Sea-hawks
play today!!! My boy Bobby-Wags better
reel it in for me against the packers!
Still
review D&C 35:13-14 every night. It
is the most powerful scriptures I've ever read.
Also I've memorized the mission objective, first vision, and Santiago (esp) 1:5 en espanol.
I got
dads letter, the one that mentions tai-chi... lol. I really approve of the name you
RE-named my scooter with (the black widow). It is very appropriate given the
circumstances.
Cage
soccer is what gets me through tough days. Basketball is good too, but I don't go as
hard in the paint. Also I was
playing b ball and some Gringo grabbed the collar of my
shirt when I was going up for a layup and snapped my necklace (dads).
-______-
gonna
buy a chain for it at el tienda.
Cool
thing real quick: The Elder in the casa next to us that's in our
district (Elder Young) is the 4th great grandson, or something, of Brigham
Young and is related to Steve Young. In all the church sponsored
movies we watch on Sundays, he always points out family members of his in
them. He is a good friend.
Wrapping
this up, the days have been going a lot faster lately, and I’m amazed that I've been here this long! (It really hasn't been that long)
Anyway,
you can email me through missionarypackagemx.com for like 1$, and I receive the
letter the next day, physically in paper.
I love
you all and miss all the Homis, friends, chicas, family and perro.
Be
back in a week:
Con
Amor
No comments:
Post a Comment