Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

ZL in Santa Rita

(9-7-15)
Honduran Ladies Lacrosse Team, 2025
So this week has been one for the books.  I got changed out of being District Leader in Berlin in Zone Progreso Norte, and now I'm Zone Leader in Progreso Sur.  My area is called Santa Rita, and it is the best. I love it.  My comps name is Elder C.  He’s from Guatemala, and knows some weird Guatemalan dialects. Its super cool. But he is a straight stud. I love the kid.  He’s got like 18 months on the mish.  He is literally the latino version of me, and he’s the bomb in a little chapín (Guatemalan) body.
Me and Elder C
Leaving Berlín gave me mixed feelings. First of all I was there for like 6 months, so it was time for a change. But I realized that I had been with some really amazing people, helped, and seen them change. That was really cool.






Oh that’s the other freaky thing. Mamá Enaida (our cook in Berlín) the day after I left, in the night, woke up to a knife to her throat.  Someone had broken into her house in the night and well there he was.  Thankfully she is fine. Super shaken up and scared but unharmed. Prayers.

Also a prayer call for a missionary who fell off a 65 foot cliff and from what I heard, smashed one side of his face, broke his spine in 2 places and also his hip.  He is lucky to be alive thanks to the brave and amazing missionaries who were with him.

There is so much to do as a Zone Leader.  Planning activities and maintaining jovenes (youth) in the murder capitol is quite a chore. That’s why we have Jesus.

Hey but a cool activity that we are planning is the Mini CCM.  All the Jovenes of the stakes are going to arrive in missionary clothing and scriptures and stuff like that for a day, and we are all going to act as their CCM (MTC) teachers.  Its going to be an all day long type of thing...
It will be great.

Ohh ya another notice... I’m back to Pila bucket showers, due to my “hut” of a house not having running water or electricity.

I am seriously loving every moment of my mission and just hope that you are all well also.

2 Nephi 9:26
 26 For the atonement satisfieth the demands of his justice upon all those who have not the law given to them, that they are delivered from that awful monster, death and hell, and the devil, and the lake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment; and they are restored to that God who gave them breath, which is the Holy One of Israel.

My Beloved abuela (grandmother) Hermana Morlen


Tame the Tiger
No te rindas
Con Amor+

Elder Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment