This was sent July 6th:
A year ago... last 4th of July it was all about fireworks, hotdogs, music and parties.
It’s sort of the same here (like everyday)… Gunshots, baleadas, Reggaeton (Spanish reggae), and piñatas.
It’s cool though. I’m 50% Gringo, and like 50% Catracho. This still equals an American (the Americas) right? At least I know I’m free.
I hear the USA women's soccer won the World Cup! USA!!
It rained.
Hey some of the colonias have really weird names here. Like El 6 de Julio. That’s not only the date right now (July 6th), but the name of the colonia. They named it after the date when it was founded. Interesting…
Berlin 1 (sister area of mine) got robbed this week. The thieves cut the metal bars off of the windows and got in. They’re OK though. Missionary blessings are real, we are still safe here in the land of the dead.
I just want to say that I'm glad to have been born in the U.S of A. It seriously is the promised land. God gave it to us for a purpose, and we get to live there.
This scripture is one of my very favorite scriptures. It’s a pump up for sure. For the low in heart and destitute, give it a read, and change.
D&C 63:37
37 And that every man should take righteousness in his hands and faithfulness upon his loins, and lift a warning voice unto the inhabitants of the earth; and declare both by word and by flight that desolation shall come upon the wicked.
Tenemos Lomos Poderosos
Con Amor+
Elder Smart
Q&A
How’s the rash?
I’m pretty sure the main rashes are heat rash. They show up all over in random places now. I Dunno. It seems to be going away. I’m good though.
No te preocupes mamá (don’t worry, mom.)
There is AC in the church right?
First of all there is no air conditioning in the church house either, however... there are blessings all around us mom. Everyday we have the opportunity to pray. We can literally talk to God. I didn't really realize that until i came out on the mission, mom. We also have the opportunity to experience life. Even if life sucks some times, that’s what we agreed to in the pre-existence. We wanted sucky stuff to happen to us so we could grow and be better, and become more like our heavenly father.
| Missionary laundromat |
No comments:
Post a Comment