This was sent July 13th:
| Zone Conference picture with Pres and Sister Klein |
This week was... another week.
We went to San Pedro Sula for my companions last interview with Presidente Klein... My comp goes home in a week. So there's that.
| Elders Martinez and Smart |
San Pedro is so different than my areas. Completely different. I remember when I went there like 10 months ago with Elder Vera, but I had forgotten about it.
It rained this week.
The rivers were streets... or... no, ya the rivers were streets.
I tried to pray in English this week, that was hard.
I finished reading the Pearl of Great Price. That was awesome. I really think it is something that most people look over when they mention the scriptures.
We have officially "burnt" my area. I have contacted every single house in my sector of Berlin. I don't know what I'm going to do this next change with a newbie, and with nothing, really to work with.
On other hand, we planned the baptism of A and J this week. FRUITS OF LABOR :-)
We taught Hermana M about family history this week. People here don't really remember the names of their grandparents so this is a real chore.
picas: Baño Catracho (Honduran bathrooms)
Ya gotta keep it real here in Berlin or it will eat ya up.
D&C:81:5
5 Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.
Luke 6:35
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
JS-Matt 1:37
22 For in those days there shall also arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant.
Slay the Giant
Con Amor+
Elder Smart
Q&A:
Advice to Mom, and her talk she is preparing for this next Sunday on covenants:
As a missionary, what does this mean to you, and the people you teach?
We all start with faith, but from there, we have to act on that faith, and we make covenants and perform ordinances... and not with just anyone either, but with GOD. Everything should be a covenant in the "true" church. The Sacrament, our Priesthood, our church callings, the temple, even daily prayer and reading the scriptures are fulfilling a promise or covenant... The lord asks us to do these things so that we may progress.
We are so, so weak. We are as the dust. Nothing. But through trying to do our best, putting our all into these bonds with God, we will be able to rise out of that dust and become more like God after this life.
Are you dreaming in Spanish? Yes, when I do dream, usually I'm too exhausted to dream.
Oh and Mom. Dont worry. I don't care about the golf clubs, all I care about is playing the game. They can't take that away from me. (Jeff and Andy's golf clubs were stolen out of Angela's car trunk this week).
No comments:
Post a Comment