Mailing Address for Elder Smart

Elder Andrew Jefferson Smart
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras, C. A.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ladrones (thieves) and 6 months

Bueno. 

This week has been a trip. 6 months... Dang.
But other than that, my new comp is a stud. He is from Brazil. He is all about work work work, so we are always out and about slingin' the word of God. Its pretty sweet, no puedo mentir (I can’t lie).
But not much has happened this week except for citas (appointments). Seriously. Lo siento (I’m sorry), but its the truth.

We did see this drunk guy pass out. It was like 1 in the afternoon, which is weird because that means he was quenching his thirst all morning... anyway, he’s right next to us, and he’s walking all weird, and we tell him buenas, and he smiles, points at us, then literally falls flat as a board in the gutter. Elder Oliviera and I run over to make sure he is ok, but he’s out cold, so we moved him to the dirt (I say dirt, because grass doesn't exist in Hondo) and told him adios, and left. I dunno.

We had english class on Wednesday that Elder Sheperd and I taught, that was cool as always. Then on Thursday we went on divisions, I was with Elder Guadamuz, which was pretty cool. He only has like 5 weeks left in his mission, so he pretty much has teaching the doctrine down to a science. But we were at one lesson, and we were sitting on this bench that was made out of sticks (better than what we usually have) and all of a sudden, the bench snaps in half. I guess we are just full of the spirit or something... you tell me.

We were supposed to have a baptism this week, but the lady left for Tegucigalpa the day before, so that didn't happen, then she called and said that her family will kick her out of the house if she gets baptized into the ¨mormones church¨. So she said we couldn't come back…which is too bad. 

But, we have other plans coming up. Taught a class on repentance on Sunday to all the investigators in attendance. It went pretty smooth.

Valentines day was a sad one. But then I realized that ya need to forget that stuff to function on the mish. So I figured I'm in a serious relationship with the gospel for 1 and a half more years and then I can deal with mujeres (women).

Oh ya, my mission account got robbed too. Estoy pobre (I’m poor) for now. But its all good. I think I'm disappointed about not being able to buy peanut butter more than anything. It will be fixed in like a week, so its swell in all. There’s always Danielito to cheer me up.... Catrachito.. He is also in my pics from this week.

I appreciate your prayers as I know all the other goonies living here in the jungle book feel that way too.
Todo es bien (all is well)
Con Amor+
Elder Smart


P.S. Here are the answers to what Mom needs to know:
1) how is your health - skin rashes etc. 
I always have rashes. Something new always shows up on my body every day, and I just think to myself...mehhh. Whatever... normal
2) how is your new companion
100 times better. We are killin it. Such a difference. And he doesn't speak much English. About none at all. But that’s fine. I feel way comfortable speaking Spanish, so its chill. He speaks Portuguese too.
3) how are you emotionally 
I’m doing swell. Sometimes I feel quite baggy, but its whatever. Usually only at nights when I pray, cause I pray for you guys, and then it reminds me that, oh dang, I haven't seen them in a while. But I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment