Hello all. This week has been a swell semana (week). I can’t lie. It rained all week... Again. but...
Changes were this week, so Elder Vera and Elder Montes left. In exchange, we got Elder Olibeira, My comp, and Elder Sheperd. Elder Olibeira is from Brazil and is my comp. And Elder Shep is the comp of Elder Guadamuz. We all get along really well. The only thing is that my comp has kind of an accent. It’s really cool, and everyone is always talking about us, because we both look like a pair of famous soccer players, apparently, so everyone comes up to us and asks where the next game is. It’s kind of funny, but it’s all good.
Other than that, guess who I saw in La Ceiba when I was picking up my new comp¿ None other than The Elder Larsen. Ya my comp from the CCM. He is now in the zone next to mine. Wow I haven’t seen him in a while. We’ve both changed so much. It was way cool seeing him again!
Me and Oliveira have been killing it lately, I can’t lie. We have contacting down to like an art. One other thing that all of us are supposed to do in our mission is while we’re out working, to always have a Libro de Mormon in our hand. It really helps a ton, cause you’re like sitting in the bus or getting something from the pulperia (grocery store), and the people see the book, and they always ask, “Hey gringo. What’s that you got there, or like, Hey... What’s that book?” And then we start to tell them about it. It’s really easy, and we place a ton more now, which is what Presidente Klein wants.
Elder Olibeira has this saying that he always says: ¨We can’t look to the left at the pulperia de pecados (store of sins) or to the right a la tienda de tentaciones (shop of temptations). We have to always look straight ahead, to the straight and narrow.¨
I really like that. I’m super stoked for this change and I’m ready to help destroy the adversary.
Oh ya I got a ton of Christmas cards this week!! That was cool. Thanks to you all, you know who you are.
Oh ya, here is a picture of Danielito, the coolest kid in Honduras. I wish I could adopt this little stud or something.
And a La Ceiba Sunrise.
Thanks for taking an interest in my life here in the Jungle Book.
Con Amor+
Elder Smart
No comments:
Post a Comment