DOPE:
Sent February 1st
I got this in the email this morning:
Multiple sources report: On January 27, 2016, a high ranking gang member of the Mara 18, under the guard of the Honduran National Police (HNP), was assassinated by six to eight armed rival gang members while receiving treatment at the La Granja Medical Center. A member of the HNP was also killed in this highly coordinated attack. Whenever a high ranking gang member is murdered, there is always the possibility that the targeted gang will initiate reprisal killings against the assailants. U.S. citizens are advised to exercise extreme caution and to avoid all gang controlled areas of Honduras, especially in Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula.
This week nothing really cool happened... just the usual
Well, my comp got topsoplasmosis or something like that. I’m not sure how it is in english, but bottom line is that he has infection in his eye from a microbe or something that is caused by eating something contaminated (probably cat poop). So he can't see anything at all in his right eye. We went to the hospital, and the freaking analysis costed like 700 limps! Just the diagnosis! And then we had to do a blood test, then buy meds. uggh. Straight complicated...
We did have an awesome experience though. We were in a lesson with 2 of our investigators, and we were explaining the holy ghost to them. They always go to church, always. They have a date for baptism, but we were like halfway through the lesson and their brother walks in. He tells us, hey what’s up. Look, i got to tell you guys something... and we were like, oh great, he's going to say he doesn't want them to do anything- dang it. But he was like look, elders, “I want to be baptized”. I got to do this! Boom thats right, coolest thing ever. We took care of that request. cheque.
Also, we almost have the marriage papers for “C” and “I” to get married and then baptized!! I think we are going to get things finalized this week.
My area is pure mountain. But its kinda weird because instead of dirt on the ground, its clay.
I eat more seafood in this area because were like 30 seconds away from the ocean. And i still eat like 4 guineo (green bananas) like every day….
Mormon 5:23
23 Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?
MACIZO+
Elder Smart
No comments:
Post a Comment