| Colors of Honduras |
So this week was super cool.
I mean, Its always super cool our here in the jungle, but when jungle stuff happens, its even better.
We contacted a ton this week. We are trying to contact more every day.
The goal is to get more contacts than the previous week.
Its been pretty awesome.
I think I’ve gotten used to sweating all day every day 24/7. Its a way of life here in hondy.
The hermanas in our district got robbed at gunpoint this week.
Then we got robbed too. Just our cell phone was taken. It was actually really funny because there were 2 guys… the first took our phone and left. His buddy then took our watches, but then, he saw our name tags... he then flipped out, and yelled at his friend to come back. (he didn't).
But this guy said, oh my gosh, I didn't realize you guys were the elders, I’m so sorry. Here take your watches back! Then he handed our watches back, and shook our hands. He then told us to have a good night, apologized one more time, then went after his buddy to get our cell phone back. They didn't ever come back, but it was OK anyway.
The only thing is that we need it to make a ton of phone calls as the DL (district leader). So we are always having to borrow a phone now.
Later that night, we had a really deep conversation with a drunk guy. He started to cry and talked about his family. We then tried to comfort him. He then gave us a hug. He was nice.
We now have a ping pong table. It doesn't waste our time though, just to relax a little every once and a while.
There was also a gang fight down the street during a lesson we had, machine-gun fire for like 5 mins straight. The police were involved too I think.
It was ok though, we had a really effective lesson after that!
My backpack ripped, where is rubs against my back.
Sorry my email is all over the place. I don't have a lot of time to write!
Love you all!
Moroni 8:16
16 Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this manner, for they shall perish except they repent. Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear.
--
no te rindas
Con Amor+
Elder Smart
No comments:
Post a Comment